POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : High Dynamic Range POV-Ray output. : High Dynamic Range POV-Ray output. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:48:32 EDT (-0400)
  High Dynamic Range POV-Ray output.
From: Alex Kluchikov
Date: 21 Jan 2004 13:32:41
Message: <400ec5c9@news.povray.org>
Hello.
 I am working on POV-Ray patch it to create additional file with float pixel
values. I blanked ClipColour function to do nothing, so, now normal POV-Ray
output looks malcoloured, but we have file with float values of r,g,b,t and,
may be, some other (e.g. surface depth) and can use some software to
manipulate.
 I am also on developing application to view such files, adjust
brightness/contrast values, do different post-processing (e.g. lens effects
and dynamic processing), save result in some image format, etc.
 For example, we can set phong value above 1 and receive highlight spot of
pixels with colours value about 2. Then clip colours of all image pixels to
be in range 1..+infinity, normalize the result and scale it to range 0..1,
Gaussian and motion blur the image and combine it with original - we have
highlight glow with some lens effect.
 The work is in progress, and I have some samples to show. Currently I have
no implementation of Gaussian and motion blurs, so, I was to do it in
Photoshop.
 I post samples in p.b.i.
 Is anybody interested, has advises or suggestions?
 Or, may be, I am doing work somebody has done?

 Sincerely Yours,
 Alex  Kluchikov.